As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. All opinions are my own. This post contains affiliate links. See my disclosure page for more details. Thank you so much for any purchases made through my affiliate links. It helps support my little mom blog and all of the research I put in to test these products out!
This was one of my Christmas gifts this year and I don’t know how I functioned without it before! It helps keeps me organized, entertained, and can help the kids on their homework while I’m making dinner. Now that is a win in my book! Definitely putting this in my top list of Mom Hacks that every mom needs!
Another thing i have learned to love about Alexa is that it saves me from unnecessary screen time! When I need to look up how many tablespoons are in an ounce or something random like that I don’t get on my phone (and subsequently sucked into social media). I can just ask Alexa….because she’s super smart! We may have already had Alexa play Baby Baluga and Baby Shark songs a thousand times already (guilty) but it keeps my 3 year old entertained so I can get more done. The kids and I play games with Alexa in the kitchen and listen to the best music playlists!
The list goes on but I use Alexa primarily for recipe/dinner ideas, music, games, to answer the 100’s of random questions that pop into my head through out the day….like “Whats the weather going to be like tomorrow?” or “What is the distance to the sun?” or “What makes cookies extra soft and gooey?”.
Here is a more official list of some of the things Alexa is capable of…
- Echo Dot is a voice-controlled speaker that uses Alexa to play music, control smart home devices, make calls, answer questions, set timers and alarms, and more.
- Play music from Amazon Music, Apple Music, Spotify, Pandora, SiriusXM, TuneIn, and iHeartRadio.
- Call or message family and friends hands-free, or drop in from the Alexa App to your Echo device.
- Controls lights, locks, thermostats, and more with compatible connected devices.
- Use the built-in speaker, or for bigger sound, connect to speakers through Bluetooth or audio cable.
- 50,000+ skills, including Jeopardy!, Lyft, Audible, and Domino’s. Always getting smarter and adding new features.
- Hears you from across the room with 7 far-field microphones for hands-free control, even in noisy environments or while playing music.
Among some more fun and quirky questions that Alexa answers….Alexa can be quite clever. Just try asking her some of these:
Tell me a random joke.
Do you wanna ride or die?
Britney or Chrisina?
Beam me up.
I am your father.
Are we in the Matrix?
Can you beatbox?
Alexa tell me a joke.
Alexa, what do you think of the iPhone?
Mac or PC?
How are babies made?
Who is the fairest of them all?
Click the link to see more information and to see the super affordable price! (Another PLUS!)
Fair Minded Mommy