I really couldn’t think of a better way to get to know someone than by asking a child these 15 questions about their mom or dad! Let’s face it, kids can be brutally honest. And while some of my son’s answers were cute and funny, some of them were eye opening and almost scary how personally true they resonated with me. So to start, sit down and ask your child[ren] these 15 questions! Here’s ours!
- What is something mom always says to you? Clean your room. [Yes, i say this several times a day!]
- What makes mom happy? Me. God. Life.
- What makes mom sad? Bad words.
- If mom were a character in book, movie, or tv show, who would she be? Wonder woman!
- What is mom really good at? Writing.
- What is mom not very good at? Climbing trees.
- What makes you proud of your mom? Being kind to other people. And she helps people who have been hurt.
- What do you and mom do together the most? Snuggle and have pillow fights.
- How are you and mom the same? We both kind of have the same face. See?! [as he does a silly face].
- How are you and mom different? We don’t wear the same shoes.
- How do you know mom loves you? Because you say it.
- If mom had a million extra dollars, what would she do with it? Spend it on food because I eat a lot of cereal.
- What is mom’s favorite thing to do? Spend time with ME!
- What is mom’s least favorite thing to do? Be alone.
- What’s the most important thing mom has taught you? Stay off the road, lock the doors, and finish all my dinner.
See the difference between children and adults is they haven’t developed a jaded way of looking at the world. And their simple, honest answers are heart felt and honest. I hope my children always feel they “know” me. Truly, deeply, know me for who I am and what I stand for. You might be surprised what your little one says! Grab a pencil and paper! Have fun with it!
Fair Minded Mommy